About This Career
Well Services Labourers are an entry-level role into a variety of well services occupations.
Well Services Labourers check and load tools and equipment, and prepare worksites. They inspect, clean, repair and maintain tools and vehicles, and may drive trucks or other equipment. These workers also provide general assistance to Well Service Operators.
Education: A high school diploma (or equivalent) is typically preferred. Basic mechanical skills are an asset.
Employment: This occupation is found in onshore environments and is typically employed in the oil and gas services sector of the oil and gas industry.
Example titles: Cementing Helper, Fracturing Operator Trainee, Rigger, Snubbing Services Assistant Operator, Well Testing Assistant, Wireline Operator Trainee, Tubing Helper, Production Testing Trainee, Perforator Helper, Well Puller Helper, Well Treatment Helper
Long Periods of Standing
Some Overtime Required
Oil and gas services
- Grade 10
- Standard and emergency first aid
- H2S Alive
- Transportation of Dangerous Goods (TDG)
- Oilfield Driver Awareness
- Class 1 licence (with air brake endorsement) and a clean driving record are required.
- Ability to pass pre-employment physical assessment and drug test.